Changsha Hunan, China
Number to Recruit
Job Reference Code
Founded in 1983, Changsha University (CCSU) is a comprehensive higher-education institute affiliated with Changsha Municipal Government. The campus, situated to the Hongshan Ancient Temple at the Kaifu district of Changsha, enjoys a favorable geographical location and convenient access to all destinations. Endowed with a charming natural landscape, it has become an ideal choice for academic study and research.
CCSU now has 14670 full-time students and 16 schools/departments, offering 44 full-time undergraduate degree programs. CCSU boasts 1118 faculties and staff in total, of whom 885 are full-time faculties, 98 are professors and 291 have doctoral degrees. A comprehensive multi-discipline network, under the structure of engineering, management, science, humanities, law and art, has shaped for its strategic development.
The campus now covers a total area of 1,320,000 square meters with a building area of 330,000 square meters. The value of its instruments and equipment for research and teaching has totaled to 220,000,000 RMB. Over 1,385,700 books are housed in its library. Now the beautiful campus is filled with clusters of modern and elegant buildings, ranging from academic buildings, libraries, laboratories, standard stadium, to well-equipped student residential facilities.
CCSU has partnerships with over 30 universities and education/research institutes from across the world. We are open to cooperate in a wide range of fields such as teacher and student exchange, scientific research, visiting scholar, etc.
- Teach English-related courses (speaking, writing, listening, grammar...) to classes of around 40 university students
- Assess student's performance on a regular basis and assign homework
- No more than seven 90-minute classes per week
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 5:40 pm (Monday-Friday. No class in weekends. No class in summer and winter vacations.)
- Participate in university extra-curricular activities English corner, coaching students for competitions and short-film making competition.
- Hold at least a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English (USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia and Canada)
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- no teaching experience is needed if you have qualified international ESL teaching certificates, such as TESOL or TEFL certificate.
Compensation and Benefits
- contract starting September 1st , 2021 to August 31 , 2022.
- 7000-8000 RMB (negotiable) per calendar month. (Salaries will still be paid during summer and winter vacations -about 2-3 months)
- Free accomodation on campus. an apartment including 1 living room, 1 bedroom, 1 study, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 balcon with all the necessary appliances and furniture is provided.
- Full coverage of utility bills in our apartment (including gas, water and electricity)
- up to 12,000 RMB air-ticket reimbursement on the completion of the contract.
- Travel allowances 4,000 RMB half paid upon completion of first semester, with the rest being paid on the completion of the contract.
- medical and accident insurance.
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues